Rajeev Dasot, IPS
Shri Rajeev Dasot belongs to 1987 batch of Indian Police Service(IPS) from Rajasthan cadre. An M.B.A. by profession, he served as Superintendent of Police, Jaisalmer, Dungarpur, Chittorgarh, Kota City and Bikaner. He has also served as S.P. Intelligence, Jodhpur Division and S.P. (Security) Rajasthan.
2. Shri Rajeev Dasot joined B.S.F. on deputation to Govt. of India in March-2002 and was posted as D.I.G., B.S.F. Jaisalmer. He commanded Jaisalmer Sector with 470 Kms. long international border for over 3 years.
3. On repatriation from Central Deputation Shri Rajeev Dasot joined as Inspector General of Police Udaipur Range.Subsequently he worked as Inspector General of Police, Jodhpur Range, Inspector General of Police, Kota Range and Inspector General of Police, Jaipur Range, Jaipur.
4. On his promotion in April 2012, Shri Dasot was posted as Addl. Director General of Police, Vigilance, Mines Deptt, Rajasthan. He was instrumental in successfully launching a massive drive against illegal mining and mining mafia.
In January 2014, he joined as Addl. Director General of Police, Armed Battalions, Rajasthan where he commanded sixteen Armed Battalions of RAC and MBC very effectively and efficiently. In July 2016, he joined as Addl. Director General of Police cum Director, Rajasthan Police Academy, Jaipur. Under his able guidance Rajasthan Police Academy was declared the Best Police Academy in entire North India by Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
5. In January 2019 Sh. Dasot was promoted as Director General of Police (Training) , Rajasthan. The Police Training in Rajasthan reached new heights during his tenure.
6.In Nov. 2019 Shri Dasot joined as Director General, Home Guards. His tenure witnessed a systemic improvement in the functioning of the department. A lot of measures were taken for the welfare of the Home Guards Volunteers. Due to all round growth of the department in the field of infrastructure, new recruitment, new vehicles and equipments, modernization and consequent high morale of the officers, men and volunteers, there was a perceptible change in the image of Home Guards department.
7. Shri Dasot is a highly decorated officer who has been awarded 'Police Medal for Meritorious Service', Police (Special Duty) Medal, Operation Vijay Medal, Operation Parakram Medal, DG NCB's and DG BSF's commendation discs, .32 bore pistol by State Govt. and scores of appreciation and commendation letters. On Republic Day-2015, he was awarded 'President's Police Medal for Distinguished Service' by the President of India.
8. Shri Dasot has ample experience and exposure with International Organisations. He has been associated with UNDCP at Bangkok (Thailand) in 1995, with UNDP in UK in 1998, with FBI in USA in 2003, with UN SMLC in Rwanda (Africa) in 2012 and with Anti-terrorist Assistance Programme, Govt. of USA in 2014.
9. Shri Dasot is presently working as Director General, Prisons, Rajasthan.